An effective vision is most essential for everyone to lead a quality of life. Without proper vision one has to face a lot of challenges in society for example in children it impairs the learning process. Myopia is a clinical condition in which the nearer objects appear clear and the objects which far look blurry, and they refer to it as nearsightedness. This is because of the difference in the eye’s shape either in the cornea or eyeball and makes the eye not able to focus the objects correctly.
An increase in the eye’s length and curving of the cornea and retina makes the eye unable to capture the proper light from the objects. It is a very common clinical condition and the patients themselves can diagnose it. The onset of this condition varies from birth to adults. The more common symptoms are headache, squinting, eyestrain, and difficulty in reading for the children. This condition has a possibility of inheritance from parents, or it may be because of some environmental conditions, and there is a rapid progression from the initial stages. There are three conditions this is simple, moderate, and high myopia. People with high myopia have a higher possibility to get cataracts. The treatment for clinical myopia management is in the following ways.
- Lenses – optical correction. Two types of lenses like contact and spectacles are available. Spectacle lenses are suitable for simple myopia that is the problem only in the Vision. It is more economical and easier to use. The contact lenses are in a negative number, the more the negative number shows the powerful lenses. The usage of thinner, lighter glasses and lenses with an anti-reflective coating is effective. These glasses also help to prevent harmful UV rays. The contact lenses are of different types like night time wearing, day time wearing.
- Eyedrops – Dosage of this depends upon the age group
- Surgery – It involves Orth keratectomy and Lasik. In both these types, they operate the cornea of the eye which helps in proper focusing. In this procedure, fitting the lens helps to improve the vision.
- Natural light and outdoor activity–Itis important for the children because their time of outdoor activities is higher than the adults.
- Monitoring the time on the usage of mobile phones or any gadgets.
- Maintain the forearm distance between the eyes and book helps for the improvement in children. In children, there are lots of possibilities of slowing down myopia because of the growth.
Benefits of myopia control
- This helps to slow down the lengthening of eyes in children and teenagers.
- Helps to reduce the risk of conditions like glaucoma, cataracts, and retinal detachment.
- It improves the self-confidence in children, both in studies and sport.
- Eye exercises help to improve the vision and reduce the straining of an eye.