The Holiday Season is beginning to peak, and Greeting Cards are the order of the day. The mass exchange of social greetings is poised to begin all over the world. But the business of Greeting Cards is quite different this year. For the first, it is mostly online, and this is as much due to the spurt in superior wireless technology, as it is to a natural disaster. The fact is, the Covid19 has almost paralyzed the whole world, regardless of the advancement of their wealth and technology. The Covid19 virus is lethal, and in the absence of proper antidotes yet, physical barriers such as social distancing, masks and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) suits seem the only protection against the deadly spread of the disease. Greeting Cards are no longer sold off market stalls and malls. The business is now almost totally virtual, though numbers of Greeting Cards in hardware form are still being used formally. But carefully networked, sanitized, and quarantined distribution techniques have reduced the danger of card-borne infection to a minimum. The business is still Retail, but the efficient and infection-free circulation of greeting cards online have pushed certain Melbourne-based companies right to the top of the table.
The March To Success
Perhaps the most popular purveyor of Greeting Cards this year, “The Nonsense Maker” is the pseudonym and alter ego of the undoubtedly strange dreamer and Artist, Emily May. There was no looking back for the weird couple, when, wandering through Melbourne, Emily met Sidonie Moore, the known corporate misfit, and together decided to launch a Greetings Cards and Art Prints Retail business. The spectacular results have been there for all to see, as the following will testify:
- Though there were shops to sell these items initially, it was soon realized by both that it was the creative act that must occupy the majority of their waking hours.
- Other avenues were also explored, such as selling through agents and other outlets, but none was as satisfying as selling directly to the User, and guiding them to make informed choices.
- They decided to go completely online.
- Their website was specially designed, to provide detailed catalogues, lists and addresses.
- Navigation was carefully constructed, so that the visitor could easily find out the types of Cards his friends and family would most like to receive.
- A carefully constructed psychologically intuitive and interactive Questionnaire smoothly assists the visitor to make a choice in seconds that neither he nor his receivers will ever regret. The conversion rate of visitor to buyer is one of the highest in this business worldwide.
Their business of greeting cards online has been reaching for the stars ever since.