Be it any part of the world,mix concrete is used on a large scale. It is abbreviated as RMC in many places.It has been observed that many times, cement and concrete are terms that are used interchangeably. But it must be noted that cement is an ingredient of concrete and not its synonym.
The mix concrete ready to use is usually tailor-made according to its specific needs. They are manufactured in factories or within the concrete batching plants. Ingredients like water, gravel, sand, silica fume, slag, air, fly ash and most importantly cement are added to produce concrete. You must have noticed the transit mixers headed over trucks at almost all the construction sites.
What you need to know about mix concrete?
Whether you agree or not RMC is something you would definitely come across here or there on a daily basis while crossing a construction site. The reason behind it is clearly evident how essential RMC is. Following are some facts regarding the same:
- The ready mix concrete may be a little higher in cost than its alternatives, but it has no match in terms of quality.
- The use of RMC increases the life of any construction.
- The RMC is environment friendly and does not harm any plants or living beings while its production or usage.
- It may look costly to some people, but it is actually cost-effective when the construction life span and maintenance is calculated.
- The strength, efficiency, consistency and durability that RMC construction delivers is unbeatable.
Types of RMC
There are majorly 3 types of RMCs that are widely used.
- Transit concrete mix – All the above-mentioned ingredients of RMC are mixed all together at a very high speed in the mixing truck. They are further classified depending on the energy and speed provided to them while mixing.
- Shrink mixed concrete – Shrink mix concrete is obtained by partially mixing the ingredients first in the factory and then in the mixing truck. This gives the RMC a different texture.
- Central mixed concrete –This is the third kind of RMC production where the mixture is prepared even before transferring it into the mixing truck. It is readily moved into the truck to transport.
Concrete is the most basic necessity of any construction site. Be it huge buildings, towers or merely tiny houses or shops, concrete is required for any construction to stand strong and to increase the longevity of the establishment.